Monday, March 10, 2008

Kids for Christmas

Christmas 2007

What fun to spend Christmas with a houseful of family! This year I missed all my Texas and North Carolina family (and my husband, of course!), but it sure was fun to spend it with the Illinois crew and the little ones here.



While Erica and Douglas' son Joaquin (pictured here keeping Grandpa warm) was busy being adorable and snuggly, McKenna was full of energy and enthusiasm for opening all the presents.

Here she is discovering the car that Aunt Erica and Uncle Douglas gave her.



Meanwhile, I did a lot of sitting since I was huge, fairly uncomfortable (really for the first time since all the back trouble early on), expecting the baby any day, and actually pretty concerned it would arrive before David got here.

Ha! No worries there as it turned out!

Mom took this picture of my belly. I think only about half of it is showing!


Later that week, when David arrived, I overheard him telling a friend I looked like I had a beach ball under my shirt.

No comments: